How to Access Your Email from Off Campus using Microsoft Office 365
Clinton Community College uses Microsoft Office 365 for their email system. When on campus, many people use Outlook, which is loaded on the college computers. Some of our employees prefer the look and feel of "Mail," which is accessible via the web. Feel free to use either, as they are using the same "mailbox" to store your email.
Microsoft Office 365 Log In - reminder to use your complete email address when logging in. Please do not try to reset your password in Microsoft Office 365. Passwords are controlled with the Password Reset link located at the bottom of our all webpages. If you reset your password, please wait a few minutes before trying to access Office 365. Reminder, all passwords have to be changed every 90 days.
To Configure Your Cell Phone to Office 365:
- Email Type: Microsoft Exchange
- Email Address: enter your complete email address
- Password: your password
- Domain\Username: your Clinton email address (Apple product: leave blank for Domain and enter your complete email address for Username)
- Server Name: outlook.office365.com
- SSL: click to check the box if asked
- Can not be any previously used password OR similar to a previous password (do not add a
number to a previous password)
- Not contain the user's account name or user's full name
- Be at least 14 characters in length
- Contain a character from the following categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
- Special Character
Passwords will need to be changed every 90 days. Once changed, you will need to wait at least 1 day before changing to a different password.
When using the Password Reset, the username is not your complete email address. It is the first four letters of your last name, the first initial in your First Name, and the first initial in your Middle Name. For example, if my name was Oliver Wendell Holmes, my username would be holmow. IF your username doesn't meet these requirements, enter the username you use to login to a computer on campus.
Student Webmail Access:
Student webmail is accessible in the Student Portal or directly at https://portal.office.com . All students will need to activate their student network account through the Student Portal. You will pick your password during the activation process and your username will be provided to you. Please remember your password and make note of your username as this is the first part of your email address and is needed to log into webmail. More assistance for logging into webmail.